Information Technology Professional
I am a creative and driven IT Professional skilled at technical installations, problem solving, testing, documentation, project management, end-user support, web development, and Microsoft scripting technologies. My eagerness to learn new technical skills has helped me become a stand-out asset for my employers.
Solid 15-year record of providing high quality technical support to end users while maximizing application, network, and hardware efficiencies. Hands-on experience in hotel-wide system conversions including re-openings, new openings, and ownership transitions. Experienced in the software development lifecycle with over 3 years of expericence testing software, documenting, planning, and tracking for installation rollouts. Adept at developing lasting positive working relationships with coworkers, executives, and outside vendors.
Areas of Expertise
Professional Experience - Marriott Senior Software Engineer
Nov. 2015 - Present Marriott Headquarters Bethesda Maryland
- 2019 - Now - Manage and Administer one of the worlds largest Salesforce instances.
- 2018 - Expanded the successful Salesforce solution to replace Guestware as the primary hotel crm system for all hotels in the world
- 2017 - Expanded the successful Salesforce solution to replace Guestware as the primary hotel crm system at all north american hotels
- 2016 - Engineered new Mobile Request Salesforce solution for mobile request and chat at 3,400 hotels
Professional Experience - Marriott Systems Analyst
Sept. 2009 - Nov. 2015 Marriott Headquarters Bethesda Maryland
- Provided level-3 application support for "GuestWare" and "ScerIS" field installations at over 600 hotels worldwide
- Enterprise Administrator for "Mintek - Transcendent" engineering facilities management and maintenace software used by over 1,000 hotels worldwide
- Provided primary IR support and technical ownership of property system installations directly supporting Marriott IR field personnel with high quality direct customer service
- Performed application testing, troubleshooting, process development, and crafted formal web-hosted documentation
- Planned projects, coordinated rollouts, and tracked success for major hotel initiatives related to on-site software applications
- Coordinated with application vendors to facilitate application development, testing, troubleshooting, and problem resolution in order to maintain overall application and project success
- Leveraged operating system, network, programming, web presentation, and database knowledge to monitor the ongoing effectiveness of rollout initiatives, updates, software improvements, and computer server health
- Engineered new technical solutions to very quickly inventory installation information, gather and report company-wide metrics on usage, and track compliance of hotel software
- Coordinated with various IR departments within Marriott to assure the integration of best practices for all new application initiatives
- Responsible for tracking software use and the installation base for large monthly inter-department billing which I automate with SQL and VBscripts.
- Imagined, designed, and implemented automated scripting and database hosting solution to track, query, and monitor over one thousand hotel-installed software application servers. Automated reports are also emailed from the server to inform IT mangers and leaders on the health of backups for hotel installed software.
- Imagined, designed, and implemented a system for web hosting HTML documentation that is also interactive. Interactive documents display only sections or versions relevant based on choices, save state, report out status, and will auto-fill other forms.
- Imagined, designed, and built my own data gathering and reporting web tool for the Guestware application which consolidates usage metrics by month and department for each hotel. Graphical reports are rendered on-demand for various data sets including support desk metrics. All data is pulled and stored to SQL automatically on a monthly schedule.
- Helped to conceive, design, test, and implement various hotel solutions for automating the communication of guest and hotel incidents using free software, VOIP, lightweight email servers, UHF radio interfaces, and all types of internet enabled email devices.
- Supported and enabled the initial roll-out of a major Engineering software initiative used to track all building assets company-wide. Planned and facilitated the roll-out of the software for us in the field IT discipline also.
- Supported and enabled the roll-out of a major guest room preventive maintenance project based on the Windows Mobile technologies and handheld room inspections.
- Created custom installation .exe packages to facilitate uniform installations during major software upgrades.
- Designed, tested, deployed, and supported a standard property-based server and software solution to interface Guestware email messaging with a Motorola Mototrbo text solution. This solution saves many hotels thousands of dollars.
- Created keyboard and mouse automation scripts to speed up testing and data entry operations when other means were not available.
- Management, support, and automated auditing of TLS/SSL certificates and health on hundreds of Guestware servers
- Global IR Values in Practice (VIP) Award November 2011 from CIO for Munck1 inventory system.
- Global IR Values in Practice (VIP) Award December 2012 from CIO for Messaging solution work.
Professional Experience - Marriott Multi-Property System Manager
Nov. 2004 - Sept. 2009 Hotel Property System Support, New England
- Worked at a total of 15 different hotels in the New England area culminating in managing the IT support of the very largest Marriott hotel in New England for the last 2 years.
- Supported the use of technology in the field as it relates to just about everything at the hotel level.
- Purchased, configured, and installed new hardware.
- Managed IT work readiness for new hires and transfers.
- Maintained and resolved IT networks.
- Rolled-out software upgrades, managed servers, managed networks, smartphones, PDAs, printers, etc.
- Worked with Americas IT leadership and hotel Finance to plan, purchase, and install IT assets annually in accordance with IT requirements and hotel budgets.
Hired after a 2-year college internship as a System Technician where I provided full-time hotel-wide network, server, application, and hardware support to 3 hotels in MA and CT while finishing my fourth year of college. Worked at up to 4 hotels at once, 15 different locations total, to roll-out software upgrades, manage server performance, and network capacity. Effectively managed limited time and hotel resources supporting end-users, troubleshooting all types of hardware, and planning capital expenditures and future projects. Cooperated frequently with other IR Managers to share best practices and tackle time-sensitive business critical enhancements. Worked 8 times in other regions assisting with special projects.
- Installed multi-use sales system and servers at Albany Marriott during a major transition
- Completed Project to upgrade all PCs and servers to Windows XP and Windows Server 2000+
- Helped to complete server, network, and data migration during acquisition and opening of Tremont CY in Boston
- Taught self-made classes on Outlook time management, home networking, and blackberry proficiency to hotel and regional sales personnel
- Created and trained end-users and other IRFA in the use of a custom-made Access Database used by Loss Prevention departments to log incidents, track keys, generate reports, and track packages.
- New Orleans task force after hurricane Katrina to help re-open multiple Marriott Properties and the Ritz-Carlton
- Custom made Access database to help manage the health club at the Long Wharf hotel tracking members, creating reports and letters
- Authored and implemented the use of the MS Shared Computer toolkit and Windows Steady State for kiosk-like PCs in the New England Region
- Converted almost an entire hotel worth of IT systems during task force to convert the M street hotel in DC to Marriott management
- Helped open the new Renaissance Waterfront in Boston utilizing new Clearskynet network architecture
- Effectively spearheaded PCI / PTIRA compliance remediation plans and actions throughout entire 1100 room hotel
- Planned and executed the movement of the hotel front desk, front office, and server room at the Boston Copley Marriott during the lobby renovation project. Conceived and worked with a cabling contractor to construct a patch panel in the new server room for the key system which eliminated the need to chain key encoders at the desk.
- 92.3 overall satisfaction score for June 2007 customer satisfaction survey of 74 of my customers at Boston Copley. East Region average was 86. Of all IR personnel I had the second highest number of completed surveys.
- Global IR Values in Practice (VIP) Award November 2007 from CIO.
Bachelor of Business Administration - Major Finance (2000-2004) University Of Massachusetts, Isenberg School of Management - Amherst, MA
*IT Minor was not offered at this school until 2004. I completed several computer courses as electives.